Most of the top-range laptops these days come with the Windows 10 operating system preinstalled. However, in case you’ve built your own PC with a graphics card and processor or have updated your computer for fast speed, you might want to install and activate Windows 10. Activation of the Windows 10 operating system can be done either by activating the product key again if done so earlier. In case you activated the Windows 10 license linking it to your Microsoft account, activation on the same device can be done easily with the digital license. Follow the simple steps below to activate Windows 10 & Windows 8, either by the product key or by entering the digital license.
Using a Windows activator
One of the most reliable Windows Activators is KMSPico Activator. However, you should download the software program from trusted websites. This is because most websites have viruses and malware that could infect your computer.
Here are simple steps to activate Windows 10 using KMSPico:
- Download KMSPico from its official website
- Install Windows activator on your PC using the installer provided
- Open the installation directory and run the exe file
- You will see a red switch button. Click on it
- Wait for the activation process to complete
- After the activation is complete, you should have an activated copy of Windows 10 running on your PC.
- Other Activators work in a similar manner, but KMSPico remains the most widely used; therefore, you can easily find it the web.
- If you have followed these steps carefully, you should have an activated copy of Windows 10.
- This means you will no longer see those annoying prompts.
Types of Windows 8 activation
There are two methods for activating Windows 8: Windows Product Activation and OEM Activation 3.0. Windows Product Activation (WPA) sends an installation ID number to Microsoft before Windows is verified, and then activated. WPA involves two numbers. One is an installation ID (generated by entering a Windows 8 product key) that the computer owner submits to Microsoft, either over the Internet or by phone. The second is a confirmation ID, assigned by Microsoft, which is used to activate the operating system’s software. This method is used when upgrading or installing Windows 8 from the disc (not HP System Recovery).
OEM Activation 3.0 (OA3) takes place at the factory. A digital product key (DPK) is installed on the motherboard BIOS during the manufacturing process. Windows 8 will activate automatically the first time the computer is connected to the Internet. With OA3-activated systems, most of the computer’s hardware can be replaced without the need to reactivate the software through Microsoft.
How to Permanently Activate Windows 10 with CMD
Without third-party Windows 10 activation tools, you can activate Windows 10 with CMD for free. Here we’ll introduce how to activate Windows Enterprise edition with CMD.
- Step 1. You can press Windows + R key on the keyboard to open the Windows Run box. Type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open and run Windows Command Prompt as administrator.
- Step 2. After you enter into Windows 10 Command Prompt, you can copy and paste this command line: slmgr.vbs /upk, in the Command Prompt window. Hit Enter to execute the command.
- Step 3. Next you can copy and paste this command line and hit Enter to install the Windows 10 product key: slmgr /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43.
- Step 4. Then you can type slmgr /skms zh.us.to command line and hit Enter.
- Step 5. At last, copy and paste slmgr /ato and hit Enter to activate Windows 10 for free with CMD.